The roots of the oil painting crafts lie on the Flemish soil of the early 15th century. Local artists, as pure alchemists, discovered incredible techniques of expression. All their talents are now incrusted in their masterpieces to offer their heritage to the modern world as to all lovers of mysterious beauty.
Day 1 Brussels
- AM Half day city sightseeing to discover the Grand-Place and the Gilde-houses, the Galleries St Hubert, Manneken-pis, the Cathedral St Michel, the Sablon squares with the gothic church Notre-Dame, the law court, the Royal Palace, Brussels park …
- PM Visit of the Royal Art Museum to discover the evolution of the Belgian paintings from the XV to the XVIII century as well as through modern art with the world’s best collections of Magritte paintings in a unique Museum dedicated to the surrealist artist.
Accommodation in Brussels
Day 2 Gent
- AM In the morning a half day sightseeing on foot in Gent: the Belfry, the CityHall, St Nicolas Church, the St Michel bridge and to visit the cathedral St Baafs with the world famous Mystical Lamb from the brothers Van Eyks.
- PM The afternoon we will spend a free time I Ghent to discover the various attraction of this nice Flemish town before to end the day in Bruges.
Accommodation in Bruges
Day 3 Bruges
- AM We will already be in the medieval city of Bruges to discover the Grote-Markt, the Belfry, the Basilica of the Holy Blood, the City Hall, the Church Notre-Dame with the Madonna from Michelangelo, the Beguinage, the Lake of love and the Memling Museum located in the Old St. John Hospital.
- PM Free to enjoy the beauty of this wonderful city or to visit the Groeningen Museum
Day 4 Antwerp
- AM Visit of the town centre to discover the Grand-Place, the town hall, the cathedral Notre-Dame and Rubens house…
- PM The afternoon will be to see the Rokox's House the residence of the 17th century mayor, art collector and friend of Rubens, Van Dyck, Jordans or the Middelheim open-air sculpture museum with its 300 statues from Rodin to Zadkine…
Accommodation in Antwerp
Day 5 The Brabant and Namur regions
- AM A day trip in the nature to enjoy the views of the wonderful Castle of La Hulpe’s park and the museum dedicated to the Belgium Artist: Michel Folon.
- PM In the afternoon we will visit to Namur and Dinant to enjoy the great nature scenery of the Meuse valley and its castles.
Accommodation in Durbuy
Day 6 Liege region.
- AM We will continue to discover the town of Lige with it renewed Musuem of the Grand Curstuis
- PM From Liege we are only 20’ from Maastricht to discover Holland and this very nice city along the Maas River.
Accommodation in Liege or in Maastricht
Day 7 Leuven Brussels.
- AM In the morning we take the way back to Brussels passing ad stopping by Leuven the olds Universtiyt town of the country where whe have alos a very nice and lately renewed city Museum
- PM Free time in Leuven or in Brussels to relax and profit of the last afternoon filling the suitcases with the best memories and souvenirs.
Accommodation in Brussels
Possibility of one-day extension in Paris (Visit of the Orsay Museum) (Paris is only 1h20 from Brussels station by the Thalys train.
Lunches and dinners are selected according to the proposals.
Guides and assistants can accompany all transfers and sightseeing.